Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Castle Wall Progress and Saturday Plans


I am obsessed with the Castle Wall blocks. So obsessed that I ran out of blocks to sew.  My original plan was to work on these at my Wednesday group.  But they have taken over my brain and whenever I sit in my recliner, I automatically reach over for my green pencil box that holds my block and sewing stuff.  It's not a bad thing, it is just an all consuming my brain thing and I'm spending a bit too much time in the recliner.


Friday I spent some time cutting a few more blocks. I think I cut  4 more. Last night I again reached for the box and started a new one. Then I set it aside and picked up a shirt to de-bone.  By the time the evening was over, I had cut up 4 men's shirts and had one more block half sewn.

I told myself that was the last night of Castle Wall blocks for a while., I have a knitting project or 3 that I want to work on and a stack of shirts to cut up. Today the box will be put out of my reach. I have a short list of things I want to do and then I will go into my sewing room and lose myself there for the rest of the day.  But first I need to make the blueberry pie I planned to make yesterday.

What are your Saturday plans?


2 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It's such a fun project! I love how each block looks so different! No wonder you can't put it down!

Mary said...

should I send my 6.5" Castle Wall block for you to do? LOL I am not a fan of hand sewing these small blocks. Have a great day. Mine has been full. Since waking up I've made my BOW for my LUS, gone to a Pinewood Derby, Lunch out with DH and now I'm home to maybe sew my Downton Abbey Blocks. Wish me luck. there are 8 to make before the next ones. tomorrow.