Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, January 07, 2013

Design Wall Monday


On the first design wall of 2013 is Easy Street.  One block A is sewn together. 15 blocks are in parts.  Block B parts are waiting their turn.  Crud!!! I just noticed my bottom 4 patches are turned wrong!  Thank goodness there is only one block complete.  I love catching the mistake before it turns into a disaster. 


Rows 1 and 2 are sewn together. Row 3 is ready for it's turn.  I'll sew all of blocks 1 and 2 together, press them and then add block 3 making sure I have a good scrappy mix for each row.  When all the rows are sewn together then they will go up on the wall a row at a time so each block has variety.

I kind of feel like a slacker when seeing so many quilt tops together but I've been pretty busy doing other fun things like playing with my Grands and knitting and laundry and other fun household stuff and Facebook and Pinterest (those 2 time suckers will not get me this week!).  You all know what I'm talking about!!

See other fabulous design walls at Patchwork Times.  I love Monday in Blogland.

And there are oodles and oodles of Easy Street progress posts linked up to Quiltville.  Including this one. :c)
I love all the different color choices.

12 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Judy, love your blocks. Using the black/white fabrics as a sort of background fabric as a whole, really makes the other fabrics pop. Excellent idea!!!!

Chris said...

The blocks are beautiful. I have become a pinterest junkie too. LOL

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I am so glad I am not the only one who doesn't have this sucker done. I don't plan on hurrying: one, or more, block a day will do it for me.

Anonymous said...

spending time with the grands is way more important, I am finding that I get so caught up in Pinterest, FB and Twitter that I have a hard time getting much done myself. LOL I will try harder.
BTW, your block is really gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

spending time with the grands is way more important, I am finding that I get so caught up in Pinterest, FB and Twitter that I have a hard time getting much done myself. LOL I will try harder.
BTW, your block is really gorgeous.

Nancy said...

I agree that it is good to catch mistakes early, but I usually don't.

You are making great progress. It's a QAL not a race - enjoy your grands.

Judy in Michigan said...

Enjoy your blog and your comments that I see while browsing. You do get around but we must have very good taste as we frequent the same blogs :-)

Your Easy Street is looking great. I admire your progress!!

Barb in Mi said...

This is looking great! And you are well ahead!
I usually do 1 block as well, check for mix-ups and use it as a guide for all other blocks.

Diane Wagner said...

Judy, you are one busy lady! Nice job on your Easy Street block. Love your fabric choices.

AnnieO said...

No need to rush the process now that you know the end result! Glad you spotted those turned bits while they are easy to fix. I've seen others complain about the confusion when confronted with the on point setting!

Facebook fortunately does not interest me much and I am afraid of catching the Pinterest addiction so have not joined! Stay strong there, Judy!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Hey - we don't get fined for not finishing at the same time. I think spending time with the grandkids is a little more important.

Anonymous said...

Your Easy Street is looking fantastic. I'm sure I would finish loads more things if I got off the computer LOL.