Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Stocking The Pantry


Today I had to finish processing the venison. I love having canned meat in the pantry. Now I have 14 pints of venison to add to the beef and chicken.

As I was filling jars today, I kept thinking how good burritos would taste and then I thought about enchiladas. I can't wait until I try them.

It's now official. All of my pint jars are full. I think I should stock up on more pint jars during the off season. I also was quite surprised how low my lid stash is. I usually buy a box or 2 of lids when I grocery shop but I haven't been doing much of that lately. Just picking up a few things now and again.

I'm thinking of trying the Tattler reusable lids. Have you used them? What are your opinions.

Now I'm going to grab my crochet bag and work on my Granny Square Project while I enjoy an episode or 2 of Drop Dead Diva on Netflix.

3 comments:

Mrs Quilty said...

I admire you for your canning skills, and meat, I didn't even know you could can meat. I have only done fruit. And that was years ago. It was too much work! If my health were better, I would probably be doing it. But I can sew, SO that's the good news.

Michelle said...

Good job!

Quilter Kathy said...

I have never canned meat before. Somehow it seems scarey to me...don't know why?!? I have never seen those lids before. Try them and let us know!