Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday Fun

Today is a good day to stay inside and play. I don't feel like doing anything serious so I spent this morning finishing up my goofed up blocks. All 103 are all nice and neat in zip bag waiting for a project that needs them. Heck, they could work their way into a border for this quilt, who knows.

Then I started to put things away and spotted my pile of fabric I had out for making grocery bags. I found a free pattern at The Creative Thimble for fabric grocery bags and decided today was a good day to try it out. (This fabric is actually left over from my kitchen valance.) The bag turned out nice and I plan to make a few more.

I'm also tired of my old stained, wore out potholders so I whipped up another one. There might be enough scraps left to make a couple more. Fast and fun.

I just noticed that I might want to run the lint roller over my "design wall" and pick off some of the threads that are hanging out there. There's always something to do around here so I think I'll get to it.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: