Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Even More Retreat Pics



As promised, here is inside the cabin, 5 sets of bunk beds.


We take the mattress off the top bunk and put it on the bottom bunk. Those 4" foam mattresses just don't cut it for any of us. We are all spoiled and like a little cush for our tush. And we need somewhere to put all of our stuff.


The dining room where the yummy meals are served. Everything is served family style. Ron, the director, is trying to get round tables for the dining room and then will ship these tables up for the sewing room.


This is my day 1 completed project. It is September's BOM for the Carol Doak Yahoo Group. I have always wanted a pink and brown quilt. Now that there are more and more choices in these colors, I have a pretty good collection and will use it for this project. October's block is already printed and will go with me to the next retreat unless I find some time to work on it before.

Now I am going to go finish cleaning up my cinnamon roll mess. I tried a new recipe today for the sweet dough. Oh my gosh, it melts in your mouth. It's from the recipe book that came with my "big red mixer". That would be the red Kitchenaide Artisan Mixer. I think I am going to read that little book again and see what else is in there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: