Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Another Finish

I went to bed last night thinking of quilting. I know not to do that. The night is extremely short when I do. I heard Hubby leaving at 4:45 this morning and I was wide awake soon after. I finished quilting this Quiltville Chunky Churndash yesterday. I trimmed it and it was laying on the quilting frame waiting for the binding to be put on.

If you recall from my May post, this is my quilt from our fall retreat Ugly Fabric Challenge. I've had the top finished and the binding ready for a few weeks and just needed to decide on a backing. Since I have been on a quilting frenzy, I just went to the stash, picked a piece of fabric, made a back, picked my pantograph, Rhapsody by Jodi Beamish, found a perfect verigated thread got it done.

When I went to Quiltville to grab the Churndash link, I looked at the picture of Bonnie's quilt and she had done Rhapsody on hers! I couldn't believe it. I love Jodi Beamish pantographs and when I am looking for a new one, I look at hers first. I just ordered a new one and am not so anxiously waiting for it to arrive. (But I have to wait to use it because the thread that is in that order is for my next project.)




The binding is stitched down by machine. When I did the Wicked Easy baby quilts, I found the perfect stitch to use for bindings. There is no one that recieves my quilts that cares whether the binding is finished by hand or by machine. And if they do care, they don't get to keep the quilt! So there! I am all about getting my pile of tops made into quilts and this is the fastest way for me to move on to the next top.

The mail will be here in a few hours, hopefully my package with the thread will be there. I am now going to get the backing loaded on for Sonya's BOB quilt. Then I will work on something else until the mail comes. What if my package isn't there.......not to worry. I have other things to work on.

Time to get started on something else. Maybe I'll put some clothes in the washer before I forget that I have a few domestic things to do today!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: