Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Bye Bye Gramma & Poppy

Poor little Elliot, can you see what he thinks of Gramma and Poppy leaving him! Pppppttttttttt!

Gramma feels the same way. It was really hard to leave Arizona. I miss the kids. I miss the smoochies and giggles. I miss the conversations. I miss the relaxation. I miss going out to eat. I miss the weather. (Except that one night when it was real cold at the softball game.) Heck, I even miss Mike! And Tiny, oh I will miss seeing Tiny.

It was a party for Elliot's 1st birthday (and the super bowl). Mike had family and friends from out of town there. Elliot was not left alone for a minute.

I can't figure out where all the days have gone.
Wasn't he just born??? He is now almost walking. He figured out how to flip the lever door handles to get the door to the bathroom open--snicker, snicker. Wonder how Mommy and Daddy are gonna fix that little problem!!! snickering again! I love being the Gramma and not having to worry about the little details. Every cupboard in the kitchen except one (that belongs to himself), has a child proof lock on it. If you open it, he is right there to get into it.

Today I had to go back to work--not real happy about that but need money for airline tickets and hobbies. Do you think it would be a nice leisurely day? Heck no, it was busy busy. I just wanted to have a little knitting time, didn't get much of that done but I sold a heck of a lot of rock.

I got to knit at Crystal's. I'm not a good passenger so I took my knitting everywhere so I wouldn't suck all of the air out of the car as we are cruising at 75mph! I worked my second pair of socks (which are finished and I wore to work today) and made a scarf while I was there. When I got home, I had a box of sock yarn waiting for me. Can't wait to get that on the needles. I have 3 dish clothes started and I'm going to finish them this week so I can work on socks. I am really trying not to have a bunch of UFOs like I have with my quilting. The dishclothes are great to take in when I'm riding in the car. But darn it, I want to make socks. I also had a book here waiting for me to teach me how to work from the toe up on 2 socks at a time. Not sure if I'm ready for that yet. Besides, I don't have any circular needles--told you I have to work. There is always stuff to buy.

So I am off here to get into my pjs and knit for a bit. It's hard not to cast on for the 1st sock. Posted by Picasa

No comments: