Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Say Cheese!


I am a huge fan of Suzanne McMinn's Chickens In The Road blog. I read it first thing in the morning--every morning--while I have my coffee. One morning she wrote about making a cheese press and I thought hmmmm, that's interesting-I could make that. Then a few days later, she wrote about making farmhouse cheddar. The wheels were already turning and then I started to wonder if I could make cheese. So I read a few articles on the web. Not too hard, I should seriously think about this.

Then Judy L made a comment on Facebook that she had ordered supplies to make cheese. I relied that I had been thinking about it and she invited me to join her. It didn't take much and I am now patiently waiting on my order so we can get the first cheese aging.

I went to Goodwill today looking for a big pot and didn't find one but when I found this fabulous cheese dish, I had to have it~~it was a sign~~I have cheese in my future. The funny thing is that I hate mice--with a passion. But these are cheese mice so they don't count. That's what I'm sayin'! Cheese!

1 comment:

Mrs Quilty said...

Very cute post! Those mice are sweet and adorable! Good luck making cheese. Think I'll stick to quilts! Have a great day, it's 28 degrees here this a.m.