2017 Finish List

Welcome to Gramma's Quilting Room.

Friday, July 06, 2012

On The Needles


Last week I said something about these socks taking a long time to knit if I only did one color section per week.  I picked up the pace this week and did two sections.

I just lied to you.  Sorry.  I did those two sections last night while watching Duets.  

I have not been in knitting mode in the evenings.  I have been in stitching mode and only picked up these socks in a panic (well not a real panic!) so I could show you some progress.  Peer pressure!

I got into my groove last night and was quite surprised by how much I did.  I wish I were a super speedy knitter but I'm not.  I am a bit behind in the sock challenge because these are my May socks.  There hasn't been any progress on the June socks!  We need to take a road trip so I can work on those!!!  

Check out what others have on the needle this week by visiting this post at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Judy Laquidara said...

I'm glad to hear you do the same thing. I get in the sewing mood or the knitting mood but so rarely seem to want to do much of both. You make me want to try knitting two socks at once again. See . . the On the Needles post got you to get busy knitting so it's a good thing, huh? :)

Paula TheQuilter said...

See, that's why it is so good to do this OTN thing! It makes you do a little something knitting wise.

Nancy said...

Hmm, I'm still working on my March socks. ;oD

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

Thanks for your inspiration last week. I actually got a pair socks started doing the two at a time method. You better hurry up. LOL I just might pass you up.

Judy D in AZ said...

Pressure? Would we give you grief? I want it to be fun and it looks like that yarn will make fun socks!

Chris said...

This OTN is keeping me hopping, too, which is good for the knitting, bad for the quilting. I guess I'm a one dimensional person...

Your socks are looking great! I'm contemplating using the the Skype pattern, but so far I'm sticking with plain ol', plain ol'.

Diane said...

you're way ahead of me since I can't knit yet :)
I like those socks they look fun!